DirectSound or compatible / Support
3D Sound Effect.
VGA Card that guaranteed match
RIVA TNT Serial
Savage 3D, Savage 4, Savage 2000 Serial
AGP 2X, 8MB RAM or higher 3D acceleration VGA card
aware that 56K bandwidth is the min requirement to play RO game,
but the performace might be unstable and disatisfied.
III -600 or higher
384M or higher,
minimum 256M and higher
Support T&L, Support
DirectSound or compatible/
Support 3D Sound Effect
or Cable Modem
8.1 or higher
VGA Chip set
GeForce 2 MX or higher
GeForce 2 MX 200/400
GeForce 2 Ti
GeForce 3 Ti 200/se
GeForce 4 MX
GeForce 4 Ti 4200/se
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
ATI RADEON or higher serial
RADEON 7500 LE
MATROX G400 or higher serial
1. Effect's performance will be affected
when Voodoo serial being used.
2. Program may not be able to run when
Mobility rage/radeon is being used.
3. Problems may occur on BGM or sound effect
when Intel AC97` Codec is being used.
1. Please make sure that all other programs have been closed before installing or starting the game.
2. Please make sure that your hard disk has 700 MB free space. Suggested to have 700 MB free space after installation for future updates of the game.
3. Start the computer as usual using window95/98/ME/2000 Pro/XP
4. Insert the game CD into CD-ROM and the installation screen will appear automatically. If the auto execute program does not respond, please go to CD-ROM window and double click the Setup file, this will then start the game installation.
5. Game's Program has fixed the installation directory, please click on "Browse" to change the installation directory. The installation will begin right after the selection of the installation directory. Time needed is depending on the speed of CD-ROM, please wait patiently.
6. After the installation, you will be led to setup window to choose window size, VGA card, music and etc. Please visit Ragnarok Online's official website ro.gameflier.com.my. Register yourself and follow the instructions on the web to fill in basic information, ID and password and choose [Point Card Credit], fill in card number and password that stated in the manual to add credit into your account. Attention: Gender of the characters in game is determined using the information that has been filled in earlier; it cannot be changed in the future.
You will receive an E-Mail for the confirmation of the membership upon the registering as RO member. Please follow the instructions on the E-Mail to complete the registration process and remember your ID and password. (You will be using this ID and password to enter into the game)
7. Connect to the Internet and start executing the game, player can click on
Ragnarok Online's shortcut icon to start the game as well. System setup window will appear before starting the game (please refer to System Setup below)
8. Copyrights window will appear upon starting the game, click agree.
9. Then you are required to fill in ID and password, please fill in ID and password that you have filled on RO official when registering then choose confirm.
10. Choose the servers that you want to go and the game will start. You will enter the screen of choosing characters.
Click [Start] -> [Programs] -> [Ragnarok Online] -> [Setup] and you will be led to System Setup for this game.
1) Choice of VGA Card: Normally it will be chosen automatically, but if your VGA card is rather special, then you may use the left button of your mouse to choose from the list
2) Choice of using full screen
3) MonitorResolution: Please choose accordingly to the setting of your computer
4) Sound Card : Please choose according to the need of "2D or 3D Sound System"?
5) Speaker: Please choose according to the need of "Suitable Speaker" (Sound Frequency)
6) Sound Quality: Please choose according to the need of "Sound Effect and Sound Frequency" (16bit has better Sound Quality)
7) Sound Channel: Please choose according to the need of "Channel that can be used at the same time"
8) Choice of using VooDoo3 Card (Don't tick this if you are not using this card)
9) Choice of using transparent map
10) Picture Quality: Please choose according to the need. Sprite is using 2D picture quality and Texture is using 3D picture quality.
11) Choice of using mist effect: (Choices number 9 and 10 will appear only if Card VGA supports)
Uninstalling the game
Go to [Start] ->[Programs] -> [Ragnarok Online] -> [Uninstall Ragnarok], a window will appear upon choosing to uninstall the game, click 'confirm' to uninstall the game thoroughly.
The following section is to introduce the importance of the control icons, adapting more quickly into the RO life, which includes paying more attention to the conversation of angels, otherwise players may find it tough to stay in the RO world.
Are you ready? The journey to RO will begin!
Basic Operation Icons
The following small icons are some simple tips in the game, when cursor moves and encounters different objects or items, it will turn into different signs. When cursor turns into the following signs, left or right click the mouse allows player to execute varies activities.
Left Click Mouse
Cursor, movement, can move only when the area is shown in green
Dialogue, able to communicate with NPC on the screen
Appears when buying or chatting, choose from the list to allow player to purchase or chat
Shows that there is item that can be pick
Pick up items from the ground
Attack enemies, appears also during PK by pressing Shift and move cursor to other players
Appears at teleport point, can move on to the next map
Right Click Mouse
View from 360 degree
Move cursor to items and right click will show details of that item, can be used when purchasing
Besides, there are ways to change the view angle
? Press Shift and move forward and backward while right clicking the mouse: change view angle. ? Press Ctrl and move forward and backward while right clicking the mouse: Zoom in and Zoom out. ? Move the cursor to player and right click twice enable direction where the player is heading to, identical with the direction of the arrow on the map. Player who often lost should utilize this function.
The Window Manual
Basic Information Window
This is the window for basic information of the character; any basic information of the character can be checked here. Left click the mouse and choose any of the eight buttons from the right to check or use any functions.
Left click mouse to check the stat of the character.
Setting for music and cursor.
Items that the character carries
Equipments that have been equipped on the character
Skill that the character is having, categorized in aggressive and passive.
Open and close map
Equipments that have been equipped on the character.
Shows names of party members or friends.
Indicates HP of the character, left shows the current HP, whereas right indicates the maximum HP. When HP has finish, character will be sent back to recovery point or the last save point.
Indicates skill point of the player, if skill point is too low, player can't use aggressive skill.
Base level of the character, there're level 1~99 currently. EXP can be gained upon killing monsters. When the blue bar is full, level will be increased by one.
Job level of the character, can switch to higher occupation when certain conditions are fulfilled. EXP can be gained upon killing monsters. When the blue bar is full, level will be increased by one.
Name (ID) that has been filled upon registration.
Current job of the player.
Weight that player carries currently, when it exceeds the total weight capacity by 50%, HP/SP won't recover automatically.
Indicates the total RO money that the player having now.
Pressing the "F12" key will bring out the quick inventory window, the way to use it is to bring up your inventory window (alt+e), and dragging an item onto the quick inventory window. Skills may be pulled onto the quick inventory slots as well. In the above image it show the 1st hotkey "First aid skill" and the 2nd hotkey your potions. Pressing F12 rotates between the 4 given rows of hotkeys. The Hotkey Shortcut settings may be adjusted in your general options window (pressing ESC button).
Windows between Players
The following are options that will appear when you move cursor to a player and right click the mouse:
1. Trade Window
Window on the left is player's own window while window on the right is window of the other party. Both parties can trade with money or items, once both parties agreed, click [Confirm] and there'll be an [Exchange] window in the middle, click on it to complete the trade
2. Open 1:1 Chat Window
Key in a friend's name that you wish to whisper, hence the content of the conversation can only be read by you and the friend you're whispering.
3. Friends' List
After adding a player into your friends' list, you can click on [Party] to launch [1:1 chat] with this player even though he/she is in a different map with you at that moment!
4. Reject 1:1 chat
Can be used when player doesn't wish to be disturbed in the game
5. Add Courtesy Point (this function is currently unavailable)
Player can give courtesy point to player with good qualities and manner. This function can be used once a day.
6. Minus Courtesy Point (this function is currently unavailable)
Player can minus the courtesy point of nasty players who use offensive language, interrupt other players etc.
The following section is a quick guide for beginners, and how to embark your journey into the world of Ragnarok Online.
The Novice Training Ground
Equipping the manual from the NPC as accessory, you will obtain 1st job skills and can use them before changing job.
Various Images will pop-up, guiding you roughly on how to click-and-hit.
The six classical 1st Job NPC is available is the Novice Training Ground. Besides providing the transportation for job change, you can ask for manual from them to experience certain 1st job skill in Novice Training Ground.
The Time Bar
A Time bar is added beside the Buff icon showing the existing period of the buff effect.
The Skill icon are changed into ¡°PAW¡± icons while you are under the skill-delays status.
The 4 rows of the skill bar can be viewed together by pressing F12.
The Enchanced Storage
The storage is organized into servens categories, including Spend, Cash Item, Armor, Weapon, Projectile, Card, Misc, Item.